A bunk bed, simply speaking, is a piece of furniture consisting of two beds, one above the other, that form a single unit. At Casa Kids, we elevate the basic concept of a bunk bed to a custom made, high-design, long-lasting bunk bed that works as a room solution for your child or children, that will last for years and years.
All of Casa Kids’ bunk beds are designed by Roberto Gil, who holds a Masters in Architecture from Harvard University. The Casa Kids team assess your space — see How We Design Your Bunk Bed, below — and create a custom solution for your needs. Roberto Gil’s designs are crafted in Brooklyn by a small, local team of woodworkers on the Brooklyn waterfront, facing the Statue of Liberty. (You can even schedule a visit to our showroom and get to see our stunning view.)
We combine traditional woodworking techniques with our consistently precise CNC router. We use the highest quality ¾” plywood that renders a well-built, sleek silhouette with rounded edges in all our furniture designs. The balanced construction of a plywood panel reduces shrinkage, swelling and warping. Plywood is strong, durable, and expands and contracts very little. For these reasons, plywood has been a favorite among celebrated contemporary designers, seen in designs by Charles Eames, Arne Jacobsen, Fritz Hansen, and more.
All of our products meet or exceed the U.S. mandatory and voluntary safety standards developed by the ASTM.
Your Casa Kids bunk bed is custom made to order. It is created just for your child — it is not sitting on the showroom floor, and it is not mass produced. When designing your child’s bunk bed, the Casa Kids team take many things into consideration, such as:
- Small or odd-shaped rooms — We figure out your room with you, and we can customize beds to fit narrower, custom mattresses.
- Ceiling height— Different products achieve different results, for example, LoLo and Cabin bunk beds are 64” H and can accommodate 8’ ceilings.
- Additional storage needs — We help our customers consider their space needs, and offer trundle storage drawers and steps with storage drawers.
- Future planning — How much do you want your bunk bed to grow with your child? For example, a Marino bunk over crib can be easily converted to a traditional or L shape bunk bed with the purchase of just a few additional pieces.
- Increased safety — In addition to exceeding safety requirements, we also include details like ergonomic and fun circle cut out shapes on our ladders and stairs for little hands to grip easily while walking up and down the stairs
- Parent/child bonding — The top bunk can support up to 400 lbs so a parent can comfortably be with their child while reading and counting sheep to finally sleep.
- Moving — All of our beds are freestanding so they can easily be disassembled and reassembled when you move. Our commitment to our customers also goes beyond the sale: we proudly help customers sell their furniture on the pre-owned section of our Casa Kids website. We are fully committed to keeping the planet green by re-using furniture that would otherwise be discarded.
Many families want to create room partitions to give kids their own space without making permanent alterations. If you’re thinking about how to divide a room, there are many things to consider. We’ll tell you everything you need to know about room dividers.